Home adaptations

Our adult social care teams can suggest practical solutions to improve your quality of life, including making changes to your home to allow you to be more independent, or to help your carer assist you. Adaptations range from simple handrails to major structural alterations to your home.

Who is eligible for adaptations?

To qualify for adaptations in the home you must have an assessment of your care needs and meet the eligibility criteria. Find out more from our private sector housing pages.

How do I request adaptations to my home?

To request adaptations you must first be referred, or refer yourself, for an assessment of your needs. To do so please contact us on 0345 678 9044. If you live in a registered social landlord property, please contact them directly in the first instance and they'll direct you appropriately.