Aims to: Increase knowledge of the autism spectrum and explore the impact for individuals.
- Awareness of relevant statutory guidance: Autism Act 2009
- Appreciation of the Autism Strategy for Shropshire
- Explore social, communication and sensory issues that may be experienced by an individual with autism
- Acknowledge the importance of structure and routine
- Examine associated behaviours and environmental aspects that may affect the individual
- Consider of co-existing conditions
- Raise awareness of experiential thinking, executive functioning & stimming
- Explore the use of person-centred tools, visual learning and reasonable adjustments
- Signpost to local and national support
Case studies and group discussion will be used to enhance this learning.
Course content supports the “Core Capabilities Framework for Supporting Autistic People (2019)” - Department of Health & Social Care “National strategy for autistic children, young people and adults: (2021 to 2026.)”
This session gives the exciting opportunity to hear from an expert by experience around Autism, their life and the person-centred tools they use.
Audience: Individuals working with or supporting adults with autism.
*Open to service users and family carers.