Aims to: Raise awareness and knowledge of autism presentation in girls and women.
- Recognise how Autism may present differently in girls & women
- Consider the impact of sensory processing upon the individual
- Explore executive thinking and the mis-match between greater and lesser skills
- Examine the difficulties associated with emotional literacy i.e. “what do you feel?”
- Consider possible co existing conditions
- Reflect on the impact of late diagnosis and mis-diagnosis
- Explore interaction with and communication differences for the individual
- Look at supporting coping strategies – planning
Course content supports the “Core Capabilities Framework for Supporting Autistic People (2019)” - Department of Health& Social Care and the “National strategy for autistic children, young people and adults: (2021 to 2026.)” Course delivery is enhanced through “Expert by experience”, sharing her perspective of autism.
Audience: Individuals working with or supporting women with autism.
*Open to service users and family carers.