To determine whether CPI Safety Intervention Foundation™ training is suitable for your needs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then work with you to complete a Training Needs Analysis which will enable us to determine the appropriate level of training for your service. Once this process has been completed, you will be able to apply for course places.
CPI Safety Intervention Foundation™ Refresher Training - Disengagement Skills only
CPI Safety Intervention Foundation™ Refresher Training (with disengagement skills practise) is aimed at staff working in health and social care who have attended the course previously.
Staff are required to attend CPI Safety Intervention Foundation™ training on an annual basis to refresh their knowledge and skills. Please apply for this course when your current CPI Safety Intervention Foundation™ Training certificate is approaching expiry. The course dates are open to all staff requiring CPI Safety Intervention Foundation™ Training, but those attending on a refresher basis will not be required to complete additional self-led online learning (e-learning). The course consists of a half day, classroom- based session, including disengagement skills practise.
- Identify and know how to respond to various levels of crisis behaviours.
- Recognise how to manage your own consistent, calm behaviour in order to influence a positive outcome in a crisis situation.
- Learn strategies to strengthen non-verbal communication.
- Develop limit-setting strategies when verbally intervening to de-escalate defensive behaviours.
- Learn safety intervention strategies to maximise safety and minimise harm.
- Explore the Physical Skills Review Framework and key legal and professional considerations when using restrictive interventions.
- Explore the Decision-Making Matrix℠ when assessing Risk Behaviour.
- Demonstrate and practise non-restrictive and restrictive interventions that are consistent with a set of physiological principles.
- Explore a framework to help guide staff and the individuals in distress through a process of re-establishing the relationship.
Facilitators: Accredited Crisis Prevention Institute® trainers
Target: Workers in adult social care, housing, independent and the voluntary sector working with adults who may pose risks to themselves or others.
Please note: It is not appropriate to attend this training after a waking night shift.
If you are applying for a course within five working days of the course date we strongly recommend you follow up by contacting the Joint Training Team (see contact details below) to check on availability and to ensure your application is processed and you receive the joining instructions in time.
If you have any difficulties when completing the online form please do not hesitate to contact Joint Training and we will be happy to help.