To determine whether CPI Verbal Intervention™ training is suitable for your needs please contact email@example.com. We will then work with you to complete a Training Needs Analysis which will enable us to determine the appropriate level of training for your service. Once this process has been completed, you will be able to apply for course places.
CPI Verbal Intervention™ Training
This course is recommended for staff who work in environments that require safe responses to escalating behaviours, but not restrictive or physical intervention techniques.
The course consists of two stages:
- An e-learning programme taking approximately three hours - this is completed at a time and place to suit the learner, followed by
- An online (Zoom) 2.5 hour instructor-led session to review and consolidate the learning.
Your place will be confirmed approximately four weeks before the event date and at that point you will also receive an email from the CPI which will include your link to the e-learning programme. Please note that the e-learning programme must be completed prior to attending the instructor-led session.
- Identify and know how to respond to various levels of crisis behaviours.
- Recognise how to manage your own consistent, calm behaviour in order to influence a positive outcome in a crisis situation.
- Learn strategies to strengthen non-verbal communication.
- Develop limit-setting strategies when verbally intervening to de-escalate defensive behaviours.
- Learn safety intervention strategies to maximise safety and minimise harm.
- Explore a framework to help guide staff and the individuals in distress through a process of re-establishing the relationship.
Facilitators: Accredited Crisis Prevention Institute® trainers
Target: Staff in environments that require safe responses to escalating behaviours, but not restrictive or physical intervention techniques..
Please note: It is not appropriate to attend this training after a waking night shift
If you are applying for a course within five working days of the course date we strongly recommend you follow up by contacting the Joint Training Team (see contact details below) to check on availability and to ensure your application is processed and you receive the joining instructions in time.
If you have any difficulties when completing the online form please do not hesitate to contact Joint Training and we will be happy to help.