Council tax Moving house

Do it online

Let us know you're moving home using our online portal.

Please note that we can only accept notifications up to 14 days in advance of your moving date.

Moving house? Let us know

It's important to let us know when you've changed address so we can make sure your council tax is charge is correct. The easiest way to tell us about a change of address is using our online change of address service.

If you're an owner or a tenant, you can tell us that you've either moved in, moved out or have moved from one address to another within the council's area.

If you currently pay by direct debit, this will be transferred to your new address (unless you ask us not to) when your liability for council tax continues with Shropshire Council.