Aims to: Gain awareness of the current prevalence of self harm, the contributing factors and how we may work towards supporting someone who self harms
- Prevalence of self-harm
- What can lead to self-harm
- Functions of self-harm behaviours
- Understand the importance of language use when dealing with self-harm
- Relationship between self-harm and suicide
- Alternative strategies to offer in relation to self-harm
- The positives and negatives in different responses to self-harm disclosures
- Improve confidence in supporting those who self-harm
Facilitator: Satveer Nijjar – Attention Seekers
Audience: Staff and volunteers who may be supporting adults around Self Harm.
This course may contain sensitive content within the context of the training subject, please be aware of this content with respect to your own well-being and seek support should you need to.