Aims to: Enhance learner’s skills in working with childhood trauma and abuse
- Gain an understanding of the role of trauma in mental health, looking at the evidence and working through the fear in trauma
- Consider why traumas may persist from infancy: a new model of human emotional development
Gain an awareness of infantism and the role of truth, trust and consent in neutralising it - skills practice around generating trust
- Signs of child abuse and how we might support those who disclose
- How to use the trauma triad to challenge abusers who are no longer around
- Explore solution focused questions
Facilitators: Peter Bullimore and colleagues, Lived Experience trainers, National Paranoia Network
Audience: Staff and volunteers supporting adults who may have experienced childhood trauma
Note: This course may contain sensitive or graphic content within the context of the training subject, please be aware of this content with respect to your own well-being and seek support should you need to.
Please read our course expectations for more details about the training.