Please note a local land charge search consists of both an LLC1 and a Con29, however it's possible to request an LLC1 on it's own or a Con29 on its own. If an LLC1 or Con29 are ordered independently the cost will differ from the combined fee.
VAT and the CON29R
Please note that VAT at the standard rate of 20% will apply to Con29R and Con29O products. The LLC1 element of a search is not subject to VAT.
In the following schedule, the fees took effect from 1 April 2023 unless stated otherwise:
Official search (Consisting of LLC1 and CON29R)
- Residential: £101.50 + £7.50 VAT = £109.00 (LLC1 £64 + Con29 £45)
- Commercial: £126.50 + £11.50 VAT = £138.00 (LLC1 £69 + Con29 £69)
Fees for individual searches
LLC1 - search of the local land charges register (including issue of official certificate of search)
- Residential: £64
- Commercial: £69
CON29R - standard conveyancing form (price if ordered without LLC1)
- Residential: £57.50 + £11.50 VAT = £69
- Commercial: £62 + £12.50 VAT = £75
Individual CON29R questions 1 to 3.13
- Residential: £3.75 + 75p VAT = £4.50 (each)
- Commercial: £4.00 + 80p VAT = £4.80 (each)
A £6.25 + £1.25 VAT = £7.50 admin charge is payable when individual questions are asked from the Con29R this amount is payable regardless of how many questions are asked.
CON29O - optional enquiries
- £19.50 + £3.90 VAT = £23.40 (each)
Fee per additional enquiry
- £32.50 + £6.50 VAT = £39 (each)
Each additional parcel of land
- £38.50 + £7.70 VAT = £46.20
Note the VAT is only payable if the search contains a Con29 element. An additional parcel attached to an LLC1 only search will not attract VAT.
Personal search fee
Personal searches are free of charge