NHS Better Health gives lots of useful information to help you understand the risks from smoking and how to successfully quit for good.
Healthier Together provides local advice for parents, young people, and pregnant women together with clinical resources to support healthcare professionals. Find a range of helpful information, including stopping smoking to protect your child’s health, effects of smoking in pregnancy and support to stop smoking.
Giving up smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. Quitting smoking improves your physical and mental health and wellbeing. Becoming an ex-smoker is easier with the right support.
It’s never too late to quit! Quitting smoking will benefit your health whatever age you are and regardless of how long you've been a smoker.
Quitting smoking improves physical health and boosts mental health and wellbeing by improving mood and helping to relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
Looking after your mental health and wellbeing is just as important as looking after your physical health.
- TogetherAll a free, secure and anonymous online community for any Shropshire resident aged 16 and above who are stressed, anxious or feeling low. It includes an active forum with round-the-clock support from trained professionals and a wide range of materials to help manage or improve your mental health
- Shropshire MHS providing a range of quality services for people affected by mental and emotional distress, including 24-hour support service, a range of groups and mental health café service, Calmer Café specifically designed for people who are struggling with their mental health
- A mental health and wellbeing support in Shropshire resource pack including the range of local and national support available that can help people address their mental health and emotional wellbeing needs
- STW Healthier Together provides helpful advice and information for parents, young people and pregnant women, as well as clinical resources to support healthcare professionals on a range of topics including mental health and wellbeing
- Every Mind Matters includes helpful information, expert advice and practical tips to help you stay on top of your mental wellbeing