Street care and cleaning Street furniture

Provision and maintenance

Street furniture can range from public seats, litter bins, planters, cycle security to non-illuminated and illuminated road signs and bollards.

We as a council have been responsible for public street furniture since 1 April 2009, although you may see old logos from the district and borough councils around the county. We will gradually be replacing these logos, however in the meantime street furniture is the responsibility of Shropshire Council.

Report a problem with street furniture

If you see a problem with a cycle rack, bench, finger post, welcome sign or a tree guard, you can report it online.

Information boards

Information boards normally belong to local town and parish councils and should be reported to them in the first instance. Contact information for town and parish councils can be found here. If you have spoken to the local parish or town council and they have advised it is the responsibility of Shropshire Council, please call us on 0345 6789006.

Street name signs

Any street name signs that are needed for a new housing or business development are the responsibility of the developer.

Most other street name signs are the responsibility of the council. Please let us know if you see a street sign which is damaged or missing by selecting the 'report a damaged street sign' button, or alternatively by contacting the Customer Service Centre.