Financial support

Caring for children and young people with a special education need or disability can have an impact on family finances. You may be eligible for financial support.

Find out about the financial support and advice available to you in Shropshire. If you're not sure where to start, you can seek advice from one of the providers on this page.

Personal budgets and direct payments

What is a personal budget or direct payment and who can request one?

Travel and transport

Information on home-to-school travel assistance

Citizens Advice Shropshire

Free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities

Department for Work and Pensions

Government advice on employment, benefits and pensions

Family Fund

Helping disabled children through grant funding

Disability Living Allowance

Find out how to claim for a child under the age of 16

Carer’s allowance

Find out what you may be entitled to if you care for someone

Access to Work Fund

Get support if you have a disability or health condition.


Financial security website