How to renew your bus pass

How can I renew my disabled persons' bus pass?

To renew your disabled bus pass you can renew online or renew at Shropshire Local (Shrewsbury) or Shropshire Local (Ludlow). For online applications you'll need to be able to upload your supporting documents for proof of disability.

Please provide at least one of the following proofs of disability:

  • Be registered with our Sensory Impairment Service as blind or partially sighted
  • Provide suitable evidence from an eye specialist or optometrist
  • Be registered with our Sensory Impairment Service as deaf with or without speech
  • Provide suitable evidence from an aural specialist confirming your overall hearing level at 70 dBHL or higher
  • Letter from an appropriate medical specialist advising you're without speech
  • Current proof of receipt of disability living allowance with mobility at the higher rate
  • Current proof of PIP and the full breakdown of points letter showing eight points or more under the personal independence payment (PIP) activity 12 (moving around) or activity 7 (communicating verbally). Please note that if you're applying online you'll only be able to upload the front page of your PIP award letter. We'll also need to view the points breakdown for the relevant section above to confirm eight points or more. Please email this to quoting your online application reference
  • Current proof of receipt of war pension mobility supplement
  • Current proof of receipt of Armed Forces Compensation Scheme with tariffs 1-6 inclusive, or an award letter from the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency
  • Current proof of receipt of industrial injuries disability allowance or reduced earnings allowance
  • Letter from the Department for Transport refusing or withdrawing your driving licence (unless due to drug or alcohol dependency)
  • Letter from GP or medical consultant confirming that your medical condition / medication taken means that you would be refused a driving licence
  • Production of a disabled persons parking badge (blue badge) issued by us

Please provide one of the following proofs of residence (place of residence must be clearly shown as Shropshire and be the most recent copy):

  • Council tax bill
  • Utility bill
  • Bank / credit card statement

Lost and stolen cards

Again, you can apply online to replace a lost or stolen card. A fee of £10 is payable for lost cards to cover the costs of issuing a new pass. Stolen cards will be replaced free of charge on production of a valid police incident number.