Residents' parking permits

Please note

There is now a revised way of renewing or applying for an on-street residents’ paper parking permit for Bridgnorth, Oswestry and Shrewsbury (Sutton Farm). Please follow the links to the relevant town.

We operate the following residents' parking schemes:

On-street residents' parking

Off-street residents' parking

All schemes are enforced by our civil enforcement officers and are designed to control indiscriminate parking on residential streets while retaining access for the emergency services.

Using a paper permit

  • A permit must be displayed clearly in the windscreen of the specified vehicle so that all details can be read from the outside.
  • A penalty charge notice may be issued if the permit is defaced, copied or added to in any way, or if it is not clearly displayed
  • The permit remains our property and should be returned to the address at the bottom of this page when it's no longer required or at our request

I don't live in a residents' parking zone, what are the options?

If you live in an area that isn't covered by the residents' parking scheme you can apply for a car park season ticket, available in certain car parks across Shropshire.

What if I have a blue badge?

Blue badge holders are not required to display a residents' parking permit on-street. Waiting time is unlimited as long as the blue badge is displayed in the vehicle.

Visitors, carers and health care professionals

If you're eligible for on-street parking permits in Bridgnorth, you can purchase books of visitor scratch cards. Contact us for further details. Residents can also register visitors' or carers' vehicles as part of the two vehicle allocation on their permit. You don't have to own or be the registered keeper of the vehicle. Alternatively, a non-resident carer may like to consider obtaining a waiver for health professionals.

Refunds for paper permits

If you move out of the area you may be entitled to a refund on your permit allocation. Refunds will only be made on whole months remaining on the life of the permit. Refunds will be made directly to a bank account. Please send the permit, together with confirmation of your name (you will be contacted directly for bank details), to:

Shropshire Council
Business and Consumer Protection Service
Homes & Communities
Place Directorate
Abbey Foregate

If you've changed your vehicle, you'll need to surrender your old paper permit and apply for a new digital permit.

Apply for a digital permit

Refunds – for digital permits

If you no longer require your digital permit, it can be cancelled through the Shropshire Council MiPermit portal – this will entitle you to a refund for only the full months left on the permit. Refunds will be processed taking into consideration the original purchase method.